The Guidebook is a 72 page document used in a former two-day training called “Support Team Development Training.” This is shared as a reference guide to basic Support Team principles and best practices.
Support Team Development Training Guidebook 2014 (PDF format)
You can survey the table of contents for the Guidebook below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
INTRODUCTIONWelcome An Overview
1. BEGINNINGDiscovery of a Need — Persons Who Need The Caring of a Support Team Discovery of a Response–Persons Identify How They Want To Care Discovering the Team Approach– A Workable Plan Of Caring Discovery Includes Follow Up–Is A Support Team Needed and Wanted? Discovering Leadership–Who Will Be The Team Leader?
2. BuildingBuilding Overview—Organizing the Support Team Who are Members of the Support Team? Basic Training or Orientation for New Team Members Organize the Team for the work of caring
3. CONNECTINGConnecting Overview–Bringing Together the Team and the Friend Confirming the Team/Friend Relationship The Team Decides What It Is Able To Do Team Leader Informs The Friend About What The Team Is Able To Do
4. CARINGCommunication Is Essential to Planning and Caring Regular Team Meetings Empower The Team Team Leader Facilitates Team Meetings/Coordinates Work
5. SUSTAININGSustaining Overview–keeping the Support Team healthy
RESOURCESA Discovery Event Support Team Orientation Support Team Leader How to Make a Visit to Connect Team and Friend AND MUCH MORE
Contact Info: Call 205-934-1234 or email SupportTeams@uab.edu.